Friday 28 Nov 2014

Episode 7

Thank you for watching. It’s simple. 2 Guys (Jim and Chris). 2 Videos (we each pick a video). 1 Vote (you pick your favorite song/video). Please share your thoughts. Give us the good, the bad, the ugly.

Episode Six: Pearl Jam v Frank Turner
Episode Five: Cloud Nothings v Deep Sea Arcade
Episode Four: Manchester Orchestra v Chappo
Episode Three: Meiko v Young Hines
Episode Two Quiet Company v Cage The Elephant
Episode One Black Taxi v Mark Lanegan fronting Soulsavers (I love the end credits with the dumpster dive)

Please support the bands. Buy a CD (or better yet an album), go see them live, buy a tee shirt. Thanks.
Grant-Lee Phillips
Hacienda

New show every Friday and remember if you love someone hug them right now.
The signs

1. Kate Bro says:

I don’t love the video… but really digging that Hacienda song. Hah-see-en-dah. Say it with my Bro.

2. Grace says:

Jim- sorry but a little too mellow for me this week. Give me more Cage the Elephant. Had to go with Hacienda. By the way- Chris, have you seen ’24 Hour Party People’? All about the Factory and Hacienda clubs in Manchester- really funny.

Thanks Grace and yes I’ve seen that film. FYI: Entertainment Weekly just had an article title “the 50 best movies you’ve never seen” and 24 Hour Party People was one of them.

And my Tee Shirt this week is what band? Yes another packet o cds to the first correct comment.

5. Greg says:

Your t-shirt, Bro? I’m going with Beastie Boys.

• Chris says:

We have a winner. Email me your address and the package o cds will be headed your way. Thanks for watching.

chrisbronext at gmail dot com

6. Jessica says:

Grant-Lee Philips was beautiful but I had to go with Hacienda this week. It was a difficult decision for me this week so thanks Jim for picking a beautiful song.

7. patricia says:

This was a tough week to choose since they are both really good songs, but I went with Hacienda because it played first. You’ve got to convince either one or both of them to come to the northeast for the concert series! Did you hear them @ SXSW?

I’m trying to get Hacienda here. Wish me luck.

9. paul g. says:

Hacienda rocks. Nice pick. Sound a little like the Killers . . . a little. Maybe not. Either way, thanks for the introduction.

10. April Steele says:

I actually went with Jim for the first time this week…I liked the video better…and maybe I was just in a mellow mood? I didn’t dislike Hacienda at all… good tune as well….but the Grant-Lee video was definitely better.

I like Alley Boy’s song a lot but Hacienda is my pick. Sorry Jim, again. Although I’m still in your corner for not playing Pearl Jam yet!

12. Cheryl McBride says:

Thanks for sharing this, Chris. I liked Hacienda a lot, so it got my vote.

13. Jimmy Fink says:

Gotta go with the Grant Lee Phillips song….lately all the things Dan Auerbach has been producing are starting to sound the same. Hacienda was good, but Phillips’ Buried Treasure song and video was far more special….guess I’m too late to vote.

• Chris says:

Thanks Jimmy. Yes the Grant-Lee video was very cool.

Too late to officially vote this week but you have been duly noted.

Now quick watch ep 8 before next friday and vote.