Monday 20 Oct 2014

Episode 6

Thank you for watching. It’s simple. 2 Guys (Jim and Chris). 2 Videos (we each pick a video). 1 Vote (you pick your favorite song/video). If you like what you hear/see please tell a friend. Thank you.

Episode Five: Cloud Nothings v Deep Sea Arcade
Episode Four: Manchester Orchestra v Chappo
Episode Three: Meiko v Young Hines
Episode Two Quiet Company v Cage The Elephant
Episode One Black Taxi v Mark Lanegan fronting Soulsavers (I love the end credits with the dumpster dive)

Please support the bands. Buy a CD (or better yet an album), go see them live, buy a tee shirt. Thanks.
Pearl Jam
Frank Turner

New show every Friday and remember if you love someone hug them right now.

Sorry Mr. Eagle Flight Trainer, but I’m not a big Pearl Jam fan and out of all their songs that one is at the bottom of my list.

2. Katherine says:

Big Pearl Jam fan over here. And I LOVE that particular song. I said to myself, “I’ll listen to Chris’s song with an open mind but my mouse is hovering over the Pearl Jam button.”

3. The Knox Family says:

we are sooo sorry Chris but we LOVE Pearl Jam.

4. Rob K says:

Two weeks in a row now, you’ve made it very tough. I love “If ever I stray,” but the other choice is PJ. Even though “Just Breathe” got a little over-played, there was good reason for that: It’s a great song. My vote goes with Jim this week for Pearl Jam.

5. BNK Productions says:

Great songs, but edge to Pearl Jam. Just like the feel from that song

6. David says:

Tough one this week, like Frank Turner, but love that PJ song.
    BTW, does Jim have a good fan club number?

Martha Quinn’s hair was short and silly! But, she was the only VJ to have inspired a Mojo Nixon song.

Certain bands I can’t imagine voting against. Pearl Jam is one. Another good week guys.

Thanks.

8. Sachyn says:

Chris – don’t you win either way if you love Pearl Jam?

Jim – The SNL version of “Just Breathe” (PJ20 Soundtrack) is superior in my opinion, but its still a great song either way. Are you in the 10Club?

I’m not gonna say who I voted for but you can maybe infer from my comments!

• Jim says:

Love the SNL version as well but something about this video being shot in Seattle that swayed me-Yes a member most of my adult life! Thank you for watching!

Thanks for watching and commenting everyone. Did you like the questions? The answers? Have any further questions? Ask away.

and yes Sachyn it’s win-win. Jim’s been picking some great tunes. He introduced me to Young Hines. Loving that cd.

10. ok – so i voted for Pearl Jam before even listening/viewing Frank Turner. Foolish me! What a choice. Can i vote twice?

Nice Pamela. Love it but sadly I don’t think there’s a way to vote twice. I think polldaddy watches for that.

12. Neil says:

From across the pond here, was at Wembley in April and Frank smashed it. Frank Turner gets my vote!

13. Huw says:

Frank Turner is amazing! He’s even better live, amazing sing alongs, gotta have my vote

Thanks for watching and taking time out to leave a comment Huw. Appreciated greatly.

15. jerseyjersey says:

Have to go with Frank Turner. Nothing against PJ, they’ve had their time but if you want to liven up a party or get people smiling you play If I Ever Stray, not newer Pearl Jam stuff.

16. Brendan says:

I love both of these artists, but Frank has PJ beat on this one. Just Breathe is one of the weakest songs on Backspacer. Whereas If Ever I Stray is one of the strongest on England Keep My Bones.

17. Melissa says:

Got to give it up for Frank Turner. He’s one of my favorite new artists! Although that is a gorgeous Pearl Jam song.

Thanks Brendan and Melissa.

and remember this is episode 6 don’t be afraid to check out the first 5. You might find more songs to love.

19. Michele Prieve Wilkinson says:

OK, Bulldog, you know I love ya and those lyrics are brilliant, but I love, love, love that Pearl Jam song…sorry!

20. Chris Bro says:

Hey Mick. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Make sure to come back for ep 7 too.

Thank you for watching.

21. Rob says:

Man!
    Jim just can’t get a break –
    I think you need to do a week where you pull the video from the hat and introduce the one you pull. That way, the audience would not know WHO is behind the video –
    Let’s see if people are playing favorites!
    That said – I am loving the music – Great gateway into the music of Frank Turner and I love the simple imagery –
    Peace!

Thanks Rob. Glad we could be a gateway to new music discovery.

23. paul g. says:

tough going up against Pearl Jam, especially such an excellent song. That being said, I think Chris found the video and the artist. Plus, Pearl Jam is cheating . . . . just a little bit?

24. paul g. says:

I have you to thank for the education. I am happy you guys had a great time. Next years mix will more black taxi and now some Hacienda

25. Gajendra says:

I have yet to read their books, though I have *seen* the debaets on the FIAR boards. So, I have nothing to debate! :) From what I have heard, I am sure I would agree with most of what they have written, for what it’s worth. So glad you visited my blog this week my sweet Texas friend! I am responding to your questions on my blog if ya wanna check back :)