Wednesday 23 Jul 2014

Episode 4

We are working a kink out at Youtube.

It’s simple. 2 Guys (Jim and Chris). 2 Videos (we each pick a video). 1 Vote (you pick your favorite song/video). Thanks.

Episode Three: Meiko v Young Hines
Episode Two Quiet Company v Cage The Elephant
Episode One Black Taxi v Mark Lanegan fronting Soulsavers (I love the end credits with the dumpster dive)

Please support the bands. Buy a CD (or better yet an album), go see them live, buy a tee shirt. Thanks.
Manchester Orchestra
Chappo

New show every Friday and remember if you love someone hug them right now.

Funny…..loved both the songs this week. But disliked both of the videos. I had to vote though, and went with Chappo. I guess the bear annoyed me more than the magical water bong, or whatever that thing was……

2. Sonia says:

I agree with Sully, liked both songs but not really feeling either of the music videos! Also had to go with Chappo….I like their sound just a lil better than Manchester Orchestra. Love the show :D

Nice Sully. Good call on the “magical water bong”.

Thanks for watching and for taking the time out to leave a comment Sonia.

4. Andrew says:

Chappo for the win. I didn’t know they formed through Craigslist. They are all very nice people.

Loved the Manchester Orchestra, but Chappo has been played by both Next and Alt Nation on Sirius so its made a nice little home for itself in my brain.

Hey Andrew. That’s a crazy story right?

Thanks Lou. Good for Alt Nation.

7. Rob K says:

I wanted to vote for Jim, I really did. But Chris had me at Craig’s List – almost as good a story as Young Hines. Plus, I like the Chappo song quite a bit. Sorry Jim.

8. Rob W says:

Are fans of this show afraid of songs with teeth??? And bands that crank the Marshalls and spit lyrics with intention!?! C’mon people, stop voting with your heads and start voting with your balls!!! Whew – had to get that off my chest. Who am I voting for? Manchester Orchestra – without a doubt. Chappo, yes I can dig it, but they are so hip it hurts my teeth.
    The show is great and I look forward to each episode. Just wish the polls were swinging the other direction. Is everybody here from Williamsburg??? Is that what I am reacting to??? OK. I apologize. I do not want to alienate. We all love music or we would not be here. Now, vote Manchester Orchestra!

No one is going to top that Young Hines story. ALL TIME CLASSIC.

Rob W…feel better now that you got that off your chest? Honestly one of the great things about our songs is that I love them both. Not a bad song yet.

I say vote with your balls, your head, your heart whatever gets to sleep at night.

Chappo does “bring the rock” too…oh this video is brilliant. Almost picked it. Still might. NSFW(ish)

thanks for watching and your comments. Love the comments. They help.

• Rob W says:

Yep. I feel better and I look forward to checking out the other Chappo video. I also can’t resist cheering for the underdog & our man Jim, the panda psychologist, is looking at 3rd down and 50 yards! C’mon Jim, you can do it!

10. Laura says:

Love your Bright Light Social Hour T-shirt, Chris!

it’s the only way I could grow a ‘stache

12. Grace says:

Hmmm.. no idea what the hell is going on in that Chappo video but then I usually do need things spelled out for me. I have voted for Jim’s picks 2 times now but I think the Chappo song has my vote this week.

13. cat the great says:

love this ep! also, is Jim single? :D great TBLSH T. will you be at the show in August?

• Jim says:

Thank you Cat for watching! I’m not single but I hope that doesn’t change your vote this week!

• cat the great says:

sad. but music is my first love, so i will not let your cursed unavailability change my vote!

Thanks Cat.

I should be there in August (we are traveling a lot though).

Yes I love that shirt too.

Jim? You can answer that one.