Saturday 10 Oct 2015

Episode 3

It’s simple. 2 Guys (Jim and Bro). 2 Videos (we each pick a video). 1 Vote (you pick your favorite song/video). Thanks.

Episode Two Quiet Company v Cage The Elephant
Episode One Black Taxi v Mark Lanegan fronting Soulsavers (I love the end credits with the dumpster dive)

Please support the bands. Buy a CD (or better yet an album), go see them live, buy a tee shirt. Thanks.
Young Hines

I mentioned Meiko’s first radio performance so here it is. Enjoy.

New show every Friday and remember if you love someone hug them right now.

Young Hines. While Mieko is my definition of “Simpatica” (an old Yiddish word) Hines had so much more to offer.

2. Rob says:

Jim is turning up the heat, little Chrissie!

3. Lisa says:

I love Meiko but Young Hines gets my vote. And liked the coordinating outfits this week :)

4. Rob says:

BTW – Show is really great. I also tip my hat to wardrobe department – I am sure the budget is huge!

yes the budget is huge (no strike that the opposite)…oh and if you are a band send me a tee shirt to wear. Please.

Thanks Lisa.

6. David says:

Meiko is cute and it is a fine song, but this week I go with Young Hines. Nice Ed Vedder shirt on Jim too.

Thanks David. Yes cool Jim band shirt this week and great Jim song this week too.

8. Ben says:

Love Meiko! Oh…and did anyone mention that she’s cute? I actually dug the Young Hines too—but I have to give Meiko the edge. Perhaps if YH was cuter? 😉

Thanks for watching Ben (might enjoy the songs in ep 1 and/or ep 2 too). I’m quite sure I might have mentioned it. (she is) (or at least I think so).

10. Isabella Peraertz says:

My vote goes for Meiko :)

11. Susan Price says:

Meiko gets my vote!!

12. Chris Bro says:

Thanks for watching. I hope you liked my intro.

13. Pez Man says:

gotta go with the balls

After voting Jim two consecutive weeks, I’m going with Chris this week. I know the video was a little cutesy, but it was different.

Of course, you might not want my vote. I might be like The Mush in Bronx Tale. “Put him in the bathroom.”

Another fun show, guys.

Thanks Sully and Pez Man I don’t think I could have said it any better. Thanks man.

16. Melissa says:

Young Hines got my vote!

That is one hell of a song. Thanks Melissa

What the hell happened? I thought Jim had a lock this week. Damn people voting with their peckers and not their ears 😉

Just remember guys, she’s probably shagging someone right now and it’s not you!

19. Poison Ivy says:

Okay….Jim ALMOST had me with that bass line….hard, sexy, good bass line…..
    BUT Meiko is getting my vote…turkey meatballs are MY thing!!!!

well done gentlemen!!!!

20. Shannon says:

It’s a shame that Hines didn’t enable Jim to “ketchup” to all your wins. Had to go with Meiko myself. Well done on the tv show Mr. Bro, congrats!

It’s tough to beat to homemade turkey meatballs.

I love the Young Hines song and even played on this week’s next. If you care to listen to the full the show.

I think it’s a good week.

22. Lisa says:

Sorry, Jim. The “cute” didn’t win me over but the song sure did.

23. Rob K says:

I guess cute trumps rock n roll? I’m very surprised by the lopsided vote count.

But Young Hines got my vote because:
    1. If he’s good enough for Brendan Benson, he’s good enough for me
    2. I love the story of his name
    3. It’s a terrific song
    4. Meatballs? Really??

My advice to Jim for next week, bring out the big guns and choose a She & Him song, because no one does cute better than Zooey.

Nice breakdown Rob. yeah the Meiko fans came out in force. I loved the song too and yes what a story about being discovered. So very cool. I’d like to see him live. Hopefully he brings it.

25. Rob W says:

Rob K. I am with you 100%!
    YH is building a fan base, so I can see how Meiko’s fans ran to support her.
    CB – I had the good fortune of seeing Young Hines with Brendan Benson and the Howling Brothers a few weeks back in NYC. Great show all around. It amazes me that Brendan did not catch fire after he released One Mississippi almost 20 years ago. But if you burn too bright, too soon in the music biz, well – you know what happens. I predict we will be listening to Brendan and his friends many years into the future. Amen! Now, “Give me my 900 Seconds – Episode 4!” Great show guys!!!

ep 4 is coming. A bit of problem at youtube right now and sony.

Let my music go.

I hate that all I’m doing is promoting great new music and things like this happen. I get it but not really.