Wednesday 22 Oct 2014

Week 314 05.02.12

It’s our Pi show. Thanks for listening and welcome to May.

If you use iTunes please click on this link and help out NEXT by buying a song or two.

Artist and song title: Mystery Jets – Someone Purer, Jack White – Missing Pieces, In Like Lions – Sheets, Imagine Dragons – Round and Round, Quiet Company – In Between Day (The Cure Cover), Spiritualized – Hey Jane, Loudon Wainwright III – Something’s Out To Get Me, Trampled by Turtles – Midnight On the Interstate, Glen Hansard – Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting, Hacienda – Savage, Bear in Heaven – The Reflection of You, Miike Snow – Paddling Out, High Highs – Horses, Violens – Totally True, Little Radar – Spitfire, The Modern Electric – David Bowie (Live)

1. Kurt says:

Hi, looks like there’s an issue with the audio file. It won’t download properly to iTunes and when I try to listen directly from the site, I get nothing. I also tried downloading the audio file directly from the site and instead got an html page. Is anyone else having the same issue?

2. Chris Bro says:

For iTunes you can use this link

It seems that a band has lawyered 4 shared up. 4 shared has suspended the download option. It wasn’t a huge band either. Don’t they realize that they are the bands I’m trying to help? In fact, it was a song from years ago too (3). I guess their lawyers are trying to prove that they are doing something?

If you have a smart phone definitely get the stitcher app

Let me see what I can do. Sorry.

3. Chris Bro says:

OK there has to be an easier way but right now all I can find you is:

then right click and save as the show you want. You’ll see it at the bottom of each episode labeled “direct download”. It’s an mp3.

OK I just jumped on my wife’s sony and see what you are saying. Looks like all the links at 4 shared are down. I thought it was just the artist that filed a compliant.

Scroll down to the libsyn link and use that right now. I’ll need to find a new place to store my show.

Sorry.

Hey Kurt. Could you try again and let me know if it’s better?

6. Doc says:

Yes it is working.
    And the music is enjoyable .
    Play on
    Lawyers!!! They make life so simple.
    How about some songs that describe them?

Great week. Loved hacienda and miike snow. Glen Hansard was great. I think there were only one or two that I wouldn’t put on my iPod