Wednesday 01 Oct 2014

Week 305 The Best of Feb 2012

Robbers on High Street

Hey there you lover’s of new music. Thanks for listening and remember if you love someone hug them right now.
Wow. There were a lot of Wednesday’s in February and that means a lot of songs to pick from for the best of month show. I hope you enjoy.

Artist and Song Title: Graffiti6 – Stare Into The Sun, The Black Keys – Run Right Back, Heartless Bastards – Late In the Night, Punch Brothers – Who’s Feeling Young Now?, Meiko – Stuck On You, Charlie Simpson – Down Down Down, Deadbeat Darling – Surf India, Black Taxi – Hand, Robbers on High Street – Second Chance, Nada Surf – Jules and Jim, Fun. – We Are Young, Kaiser Chiefs – On the Run, Leonard Cohen – Darkness, Dr Dog – Lonesome, Jack White – Love Interruption, Andrew Bird – Eye on Eye, Tan Vampires – I Found a Body, City and Colour – Fragile Bird, Islands – Hallways, Cloud Nothings – Stay Useless

Buy the songs on iTunes (18 of the 21)

1. Doc says:

Mysongs of the months are Hand and We Are Young.
    Waiting to see Black Taxi in the big arena.
    Two songs could be the in the wild cards Que Sera Sera and Kimbra song.

2. Julie says:

It’s been much too much time since I have offered my rather lame words about your inspirational show!

LOVE Graffiti6 and noticed that they are playing at SXSW. YOU MUST GO and tell me whether I should catch them at the Highline in May. The segue that grabbed me was from Deadbeat Darling into Black Taxi. Perfection. Finally, I applaud your Andrew Bird choice (you must see him whistle and loop live someday if you haven’t already) that flowed magnificently into Tan Vampires. New band for me…they sound like a cool hybrid of Fleet Foxes, Andrew Bird, Badly Drawn Boy with a hint of Simon & Garfunkel thrown in. Don’t correct me if I am completely off base. Please. Thank you.

Last thing: Have you seen The Drums or Trampled By Turtles live? Thinking about their upcoming gigs in NYC.

Welcome back stranger (Julie). I’ll try to make it to Graffiti6. I spend way too much time thinking about and listening to the segues…so glad someone notices. I love that Deadbeat into BT one too.

Yes A Bird is a must see live.

Tan Vampires: yet another reason to listen to NEXT. Glad it’s someone new.

Go see Trampled by Turtles and I think Drums are well known for good shows too.

Hey Doc

Two fine “extras” that will probably make the end of year list but there were just too many Wednesday’s this month.

Great month, brilliant! Looking forward to Friday!

Thanks Lou. Friday should be a lot of fun.