Thursday 24 Jul 2014

Week 300 The Best of Jan 2012

Musically speaking 2012 is already off to a smashing start. Well, it’s the last Wednesday of the month and that means we collect the best songs played on NEXT. Artist and Song Title: Charlie Simpson -Thorns, The Shins – Simple Song, My Pet Dragon – Moonshine, The Attic Ends – Home, Black Box Revelation – High on a Wire, Pickwick – Blackout, Alabama Shakes – I Found You, The Magnetic Fields – Andrew in Drag, First Aid Kit – The Lion’s Roar, Lower Dens – Brains, School of Seven Bells – Lafaye, Sleigh Bells – Comeback Kid, Flying Car Company – Perfect World, Neon Trees – Everybody Talks, Howler – Told You Once, Iggy and the German Kids – So Hard

TEST this is a TEST…wanting to see what it looks like etc. I hope this doesn’t mess anything up.

1. jen says:

Great from the top down… & the bottom up, too.

what about left to right?

Thanks for listening.

3. doc says:

Good list of 15 songs. and:
    16th song Sir Paul My valentine
    17th song Gotye Somebody that I used to know
    18th song Michael Kiwanuka Home
    With your permission

OK so here’s my thinking. Sir Paul doesn’t need my help. Gotye is exploding. He doesn’t need much help. Now Kiwanuka…he’s getting huge in the UK. Yeah that one hurt a bit. Probably was thinking I need more upbeat songs this week. So I guess I messed up on that one.

Great first Month!

6. Julie says:

Finally caught a listen. Do I even need to tell you…supreme show?!
    Favorite bites: Charlie Simpson segued into Shins (love Mercer’s voice, btw); Alabama Shakes through First Aid Kit (agree – Shakes’ lead can sing!) and Flying Car Co + Neon Trees.

FYI – Saw Diego Rivera on Sat. nite. He was, um, errrr, pretty mediocre – saved by a great band. Venue is fine (Highline) and opening acts were pretty decent, so had a fun night but WOULD NOT recommend seeing him, no matter how hot that man is.

7. Julie says:

Correction: Diego Garcia NOT Diego Rivera of mural famedom!

We are right there with you.

9. Rob K says:

Great show! A really good mix of songs.

I could call out at least half of them as my “NEXT favorite song” but I’ll single out First Aid Kit as one I really like a lot.

I’m not feeling The Shins so much though… is it me, or does it sounds like Styx meets Rush? Very disappointed. Hope the rest of the album is better.

Oh, and the show’s opening never fails to make me smile!

10. BNK Productions says:

I nominate @NextMusicShow for a Shorty Award in #radio because…

Tweet it!!! vote for NEXT!!

Chris Bro (@NextMusicShow on Twitter) was nominated for a Shorty Award
    shortyawards.com
    See who voted for Chris Bro in the 4th Annual Shorty Awards, the awards for the best of social media.

11. I think you found my next new favorite song!