Friday 25 Jul 2014

Week 297 a Best of Show (Hour 2)

Thanks for listening. Yes we’ve started 2012 by ending 2011. Enjoy songs 15 through 1. Hopefully you agree…or not.
Artist and song title:
Wilco – I Might
Black Taxi – Tightrope

Week 297 Hour 1 Songs 30-16

The other “best of” collections
Show 1 Week 295 12.21.11
Show 2 Week 296 12.26.11
The Island of Misfit Songs (the almost songs)
and remember if you love someone hug them right now.

1. Dave G says:

Brilliant, Mr B! Just finished listening and though I can’t quite agree with you (you never expected me to, did you?) your selection was awesome. How you choose when there is SO much great music going around, I don’t know.
    I would have had Frank Turner in the Top 5 instead of Young the Giant, but they’re all awesome sounds. Going to be going on line to see if I can pick up CDs or paid downloads.
    Keep it going and YOU’RE the hero, not us :-)

I know. I still feel that way. I am a bad bad man. I would maybe move Gary Clark Jr into the top ten too. Oh well.

Thanks for listening and as always seeing a comment is always cool. Thanks for taking the time to write something.

3. Doc says:

Black taxi is ready ti hit the big stage.
    Fully agree

Hey world. Listen to Doc…for he knows what he is speaking about.

5. Doc says:

Hey world
    Bob Schneider Peaches should not be missed.
    In fact the whole CD

agreed and he is one of the best live performers right now. Must see live.

7. Victor says:

Love the Replacements …I mean Deer Tick. That was my #1. Also had some Sex bob OMB in my top 10 (leftover from 2010).

Right? I mean they capture so much of the ‘Mats it’s amazing.

• Victor says:

Can’t hardly wait for that mats movie. Also LOVED Wooden Ships – Lazy Bones. Really cool buzz distortion as if they found the song from 1967. Awesome friggin band

Agreed Color Me Impressed should be amazing. I hope it is. I’ve been waiting for a long time for anything like this documentary. Yeah Wooden Shjips does have a very cool sound.