So the other day I posted a list of the ten Christmas songs that need to go away. I’ve been told by a few people that this blog is too negative and that I come off as an angry hater. I told those people to go f*ck themselves. But in an effort to focus on the positive and since it is Christmas I thought I’d give you a list of a few songs that are actually cool. So here’s ten songs for you. Merry Christmas.
10. Dave Matthews – Christmas Song – Dave doing a Christmas song the only way Dave knows how. If I didn’t know any better I’d say this was an SNL parody of what a Dave Matthews Christmas song would sound like. But it still sounds cool.
9. The Killers – Don’t Shoot Me Santa – Anything by The Killers is cool. Even Christmas music.
8. She & Him – I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Zooey Deschanel is an angel pure and simple. Zooey please marry me. They have a whole Christmas album that’s pretty cool.
7. Jack Johnson – In The Morning – Living on the beach in Hawaii and surfing all day is pretty cool. This has that cool Jack Johnson feel to it. You can probably get away with playing it year round.
6. Carol Of The Bells – I don’t know why but for some reason I always liked this Christmas classic. The Trans-siberian orchestra’s version is OK although it may be just a little too intense for a Christmas song. I feel like getting in a high speed car chase after hearing that song.
5. Los Strait Jackets – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – What’s better than Christmas music played surfer style by a bunch of guys dressed in Mexican wrestling masks? Oh yea nothing that’s what. These guys sound just like The Ventures. They play cool surfer guitar Christmas music. Thank me later.
4. Chris Isaak – Hey Santa – Chris Isaak sounds a little like ELvis on this one. That is if Elvis were alive and cool.
3. Cheech and Chong – Santa Claus and His Old Lady – Gotta love Cheech and Chong-
2. Joey Ramone – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Have a very punk rock Christmas.
1. The Kinks – Father Christmas – This one really rocks.
Hope you enjoy the holiday and and I truly wish everyone the best. Merry Christmas to all and a big thanks to those that read my little blog. I hope I can keep you distracted from your work day at least a little. Merry Christmas everyone.