OK everyone it’s that time of the week again. Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I’ve been pretty busy. I’m never to busy for a Friday shuffle though. 5,000 songs 1 iPod complete random shuffle. These are the first ten songs that pop up.
10. Alexander – Truth – Alexander Ebert is his full name and he’s the lead singer of Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. He has a brilliant solo album out and you should go check it out. This is one of the best tracks on there. It’s somber but don’t worry a lot of the other tracks are more upbeat. This video is pretty cool too.
9. LL Cool J – Mama Said Knock You Out – I’ve never been in a fight in my life but I’m pretty sure if my Mom told me to knock you out you’d be on the floor. That’s right bitch cuz Mama said knock you out!
8. The Decemberists – We Both Go Down Together – This is a really awesome song. It’s a song about a Romeo and Juliet type of situation. It’s a forbidden teen age love affair that ends in tragedy. I feel like this should be on the “Twilight” soundtrack or something. Anyway it’s a really good song. It’s beautiful and tragic at the same time. Bravo Decemberists. One warning though it can be kind of a downer so don’t play it at a party.
7. Motley Crue – Wild Side – Nothing says being a man like dressing up like a bunch of women make up and all. Although I guess they made up for it by plowing through half the cast of Baywatch. Nice job guys. After watching the Tommy Lee sex tape I have to wonder if he gets all his pants custom fitted. I mean he can’t just buy a pair off the rack right? His thing would never be able to fit. Moving on.
6. Shiny Toy Guns – Major Tom – Sometimes I think this sounds like a cool cover. Sometimes I think it’s God awful. You be the judge.
5. Tommy James – Dragging The Line – I think everyone forgets how many cool songs Tommy James had back in the day. This is one of those cool songs. The guy was singing “My baby does the hanky panky” back in the 60’s when chicks were supposed to keep their sluttiness to themselves. Now they just kind of flaunt it. After watching “Jersey Shore” I kind of yearn for the old days.
4. Kevin Rudolph feat. Lil Wayne – Let It Rock – Holy crap is this song terrible. I have no idea why it was so popular. Even by pop standards this is an insanely bad song. Also I take umbrage with rap and pop songs that act like they are rock songs. Suck it Kevin Rudolph.
3. Paul McCartney – Oo You – One of my favorite solo McCartney songs. This song is pretty bad ass. Not everyone has heard this one and if you haven’t go download it now. Do it!
2. Ben E. King – Stand By Me – A timeless classic. I’ve often thought about what m wedding song might be. That’s right Coach has a soft side. I’ve narrowed it down to about 5 and this is one of them. The wedding song will be the only thing my future wife has no say in.
1. Butthole Surfers – Pepper – Ah yes a 90’s classic. This song tells us the story about Mikey, Sharon, and Sherie and how they were doin’ it in Texas. Definitely a strange song from a strange band but hey it was the 90’s that sort of thing was cool.
OK that’s it that’s this week’s shuffle and I do have to say this one kicked some ass. Until next week.
I hope his mama didn’t say to knock me out.