OK everyone it’s that time of the week again. Â You know the drill 5,000 songs on my iPod put on complete random shuffle. Â here are the first ten songs that pop up.
10. Lisa Loeb – Stay (I Missed You)Â – I always had a thing for Lisa Loeb. Â She’s totally cute. Â I think I have a ting for chicks with glasses. Â Is that weird?
9. Meatllica – Unforgiven – I think the black album unfairly gets lumped in with Metallica’s bad albums. Â The Black album was a great album and this is a great song. Â Lars beats the hell out of his snare drum on this one.
8. The Ramones – California Sun – Love this cover. Â A great punk rock Summer song. Â A song about California from quintessential New Yorkers. Â Something tells me that if they grew up in California they just wouldn’t have that punk attitude.
7. Styx – Come Sail Away – It’s unbelievable how much Styx suck. Â Has there ever been a cheesier band? Â I would actually take Journey over these guys and that’s saying something because I hate Journey. Â This is just awful. Â These guys make Journey look like Led Zeppelin.
5. Florence + The Machine – What The Water Gave Me – This is off Florence’s forthcoming album. Â This is a pretty good song just not as catchy as some of her other stuff. Â I hope she doesn’t expect this to be played on the radio.
4. Gin Blossoms – Hey Jealousy – My buddy was obsessed with these guys while I was in my heavy metal angry for no reason phase in high school. Â Looking back I guess they aren’t so bad or “faggy” as the macho, immature 16 year old version of myself probably would have put it. Â I told you I was angry.
3. The Contours – Move Mr. Man – Classic motown from 1962. Â It’s amazing how long this stuff stays with me. Â I can still here it blasting out of my mother’s stereo around the house.
2. The Calling – Wherever You Will Go – Don’t get me wrong I’m totally cool with dudes professing their love through song. Â Just not like this. Â I think maybe they lay it on a little thick here. Â That and the guy’s voice sucks. Â If he’s going to go wherever she will go then maybe she should go play in traffic.
1. Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger – No matter how many times I hear it this song never fails to pump me up. Â Rise up to the challenge of your rivals! Â Get motivated!
OK that’s it people see ya next week.
Never mess with a man in a beret