OK everyone it’s Friday which means it’s time to put my iPod on random shuffle and see what pops up, no matter how embarrasing. OK here we go.
10. U2 – Sunday Bloody Sunday – My favorite U2 song. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say this song is about something that happened in Ireland a long time ago. Like most good songs it doesn’t really matter.
9. No Doubt – Bathwater – Yea Gwen Stefani is super hot. How about the bass player who dumped her before they were famous? Boy he must feel like a total douche. Then to add insult to injury he has to stand there and play bass on songs Gwen wrote about him. Ouch. AT least he’s making some coin though.
7. Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers – Square One – Great song off of the “Highway Companion” album that came out about 4 or 5 years ago. I think it’s Tom Petty looking at his life and feeling pretty content.
6. 311 – Love Song – A lot of people thought this was a horrible cover but I think it’s pretty cool.
5. Rolling Stones – Sympathy for the Devil – Oh that poor devil. I kind of feel bad for him.
4. Kanye West – Good Life – There may be no bigger douche bag in music today than Kanye West. Just when you think he can’t be any douchier he somehow manages to outdo himself. I’m just waiting for a story to come out about how he stole a little kids ice cream cone or slaughtered baby kittens. You know he’s doing something stupid soon he’s due.
3. Bruce Springsteen – Born In The USA – People often don’t realize this is not a patriotic song it’s a protest song. People also usually fail to realize that this song does in fact suck. Sorry Bruce but it’s true this song blows.
2. Mumford and Sons – Winter Winds – Seriously if another girl tells me how hot these guys are it’s going to be a problem. They dress like the kids from Oliver Twist.
1. David Bowie – Golden Years – I heard a rumor that Bowie is all fat now and that’s why no one ever sees him anywhere. If that’s true I admire that. Let us remember you in your prime David. Don’t be like Aretha Franklin and totally ignore the fact that you huge. Seiously if I have to see her big fat lady arms, and her big fat lady cleavage in a another dress I’m going to flip out.
Not a good look Aretha