SO the Yanks lost last night and what better way to drown my sorrows than a Friday Shuffle? Here we go spin the whell round it goes where it stops nobody knows. 5,000 shuffled randomly.
10. The Byrds – Mr. Spaceman – I kind of dig The Byrds although I meet Roger Mcguin once and he was kind of a douche nozzle. This is a cool song though.
9. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Have You Ever Seen The Rain? – This song is like a calm during a storm. Have to love this one from one of the great bands of all time. Fogerty’s voice just gives them such an original sound and their from America f*ck yeah!
8. Beach Boys – Good Vibrations – Looks like the iPod is in the mood for some old stuff. A lesson on harmonies anyone? Here ya go. Although it is kind of ironic that the Beach Boys were masters of harmony in the music sense yet they all hate each other. So you could say that they have no harmony in real life.
7. Animotion – Obsession – One of the great bad 80’s videos of all time. This song makes me want to swing my elbows like they did in the clubs in the 80’s. OK so I was like 5 years old in the 80’s but I hear that’s what they did.
6. Florence + The Machine – Drumming Song – Florence took a while to grow on me but she did. Her new album sounds decent.
5. Del Amitri – Roll To Me – These guys kind of sound like Blues Traveler. Except a little suckier. OK I guess they aren’t that bad.
4. Alanis Morissette – UR – I like Alanis. She’s a little crazy but I think I like them a little crazy. I also think she could really care less what anybody thinks. Another redeeming quality. Plus she was in a funny episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and it seems like she has a cool sense of humor. Wait a second I think I’m developing a crush on Alanis Morissette.
3. The Avett Brothers – Head Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise – Awesome song and it might just be my personal anthem. “There was a kid with a head full of doubt. So I scream til I die or the last of those bad thoughts are finally out”. That just about sums it up.
2. Ryan Adams + The Cardinals – Fix It – For the love of God don’t confuse him with Brian Adams. He really hates that. This is a pretty cool song.though so you should probably go download it now.
1. Prodigy – Fire Starter – Remember when “Electronica” was going to be the next big movement. Not so much. But Prodigy was still a pretty kick ass band and if this song doesn’t get you pumped nothing will. By the end of this song you’ll want to burn something down or at the very least light a candle.