Friday 19 Dec 2014

Week 283 The Best of Sept 2011

Thanks for listening. The artist and the song titles: Butch Walker – Synthesizers, Grouplove – Tongue Tied, Blitzen Trapper – Love The Way You Walk Away, Fountains of Wayne – Richie and Ruben, Quiet Hounds – Hemlock, Tommy Stinson – Meant to Be, Diagonals – Suitcase Packed, The Front Bottoms – Maps, The Kooks – Junk of the Heart, Dolorean – Black Hills Gold, The Dig – You’re Already Gone, The Big Pink – Stay Gold, The Jim Jones Review – Elemental, Pearl Jam – Ole, Mister Loveless – Nineties Children

Vote for your favorite song

1. is it just me or does Synthesizer sound like cmon eileen a bit?

I can hear that. I might borrow that for a Daily Dose.

One thing about Butch Walker…..he has to be commended for his Poncherello reference. Not too many words rhyme with Poncherello, and how did he know it was the perfect time for a lyric referencing C*H*I*P*S?

Love that Big Pink made the cut, a reminder of why Next remains a great source of new music. Aside from good and new, it would be hard to identify a format for the show.

4. Allison Rizk says:

I so love that Quiet Hounds song. It’s so refreshing to have such a solid sound out of a new band. Can’t wait to hear what’s next- (all puns intended)

Great Month!!!! Going to post most of these songs on my FB to share!

6. brad222 says:

Quiet Hounds song is amazing. When are they going to tour? Need to see them play live!

Via Quiet Hounds

“No word of tour yet, but we’ll be in Charlotte at the Evening Muse on November 19.”

8. Thom I says:

Chris, you are like a fine wine, you age well as is shown in some of your selections in Wk 283… The super set for me was 4 in a row starting with The Kooks, Dolorean, one of my fave Westchester Bands The Dig and then a great ending with The Pink’s Stay Gold. Oh and throw in the new Fountains of Wayne track – hey I got my 5 next favorite tunes!

Thanks Thom.