OK everybody I know my ten songs lists have been few and far between lately but quite frankly I’m all out of ideas for different subjects to post ten songs on. However given today’s immense heat here in the northeast I figured we’d do ten of the hottest songs I can think of. The thermometer reads over 90 and the heat index (whatever that is) is well over a hundred. I think the heat index is measured by how low my nuts hang when I walk outside. Sorry for the image. Anyway Here are ten hot songs on this hot day.
10. Foreigner – Hot Blooded – Not a bad karaoke song but let’s face it Foreigner sucks.
9. Kool and The Gang – Too Hot – This song says it all. It’s probably perfect for a day like today.
8. Nelly – Hot I Here – It’s gettin’ hot in here so take off all your clothes. OK not everybody should take off their clothes only some people should, and I’ll be the judge as to who can and can’t.
7. Asia – Heat of The Moment – I know I said Foreigner sucked before but compared to Asia Foreigner might as well be the Beatles.
6. Sublime – Doin’ Time - Whenever I hear this song the image of heat rising off the concrete ground on a dreadfully hot Summer day just comes to mind. That’s what’s going on out there today.
5. The Lovin’ Spoonful – Summer In The City - I feel like this is the perfect song if you’re stuck in a traffic jam with no air conditioning on a hot and humid day. I hope you don’t know what that’s like.
4. Power Station – Some Like It Hot – I don’t like it hot and I don’t like this song.
3. Modern English – I Melt With You – Now this is a great 80′s song. We’re all melting but I guess it’s better to melt with somebody.
2. Martha and The Vandellas – Heat Wave - A classic by one of the great girl groups.
1. Peggy Lee – Fever – Oh wait that’s not a fever I have it really is that effen hot.