OK guys I’m back. Forgive me for not posting. I’m still recovering from an awesome weekend in Chicago. I haven’t done ten songs in a while. Being that today is the first day of Summer, and the longest day of the year I’ve decided to list ten really long songs. I was going to do ten Summer songs but I’ll do those another time. Here we go ten really long songs.
10. Pink Floyd – Shine On You Crazy Diamond – I could have put a lot of Pink Floyd songs on this list. I chose this ten minutes of awesomeness.
9. Traffic – Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys – I hear old fart DJ’s used to play this song when they needed to use the bathroom. Hahaha must have sucked not having computers.
8. King Crimson – In The Court Of The Crimson King – I always thought this was a cool song. I think this would be a great one for a band to remake and update a little. I could totally see a metal band remaking this one into something really cool.
7. O.A.R. – Crazy Game Of Poker – This is always a fun song live. I say oh you say ah I say…….
6. Creedence Clearwater Revival – I heard It Through The Grapevine – Ten minutes of grapevine grooving. How can anyone not like CCR?
5. Neil Young – Ordinary People Part 1– Part 2 – By far the longest song on this list. This is so long it’s even kind of obnoxious. This song came out a few years ago on a stellar Neil Young album. He still has it. This song is so long there has to be two parts to it on you tube.
4. Peter Frampton – Do You Feel Like We Do? – This is the best live song ever. I just love that cool thing he blows into.
3. Guns and Roses – November Rain – This is when GnR started getting too big. Orchestra’s and pianos and what not. But dammit I love this song. How many guitar solos does slash have in this song? I think it’s 37.
2. Don Mclean – American Pie – Did this guy ever do anything else with his career? I wonder what he’s doing now? Oh yeah counting all the money he probably made off this song..
1. Lynard Skynard – Free Bird – The mother of all long songs. This one never gets old.