OK it’s Valentine’s Day so I thought I should throw up a few love songs for all of you happy lovers out there. I actually forgot it was Valentine’s Day until 10 minutes ago when I wrote a check and noticed the date so that goes to show how much I celebrate this day. Tonight I’ll be sitting in front of the TV with potato chip crumbs all over me watching the Howard Stern movie on HBO for the 500th time. But you guys should listen to these songs. Ten of my favorite love songs of all time. This song excluded.
10. The Ramones – I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend – How a about a punk rock Valentine’s Day? I could have put one of two Ramones songs on here. It was either this or “I Want You Around”. Both good choices.
9. Bob Marley – Is This Love - Bob Marley should be on every countdown ever.
8. The Crystals – Then He Kissed Me – Yea I like this song so what? That’s what happens when your Mom constantly plays girl groups of the 50′s and 60′s non-stop in the house growing up. I rock out to this song but I just change the words from he to she though cuz then that’d be kinda gay.
7. David Gray – This Year’s Love – If I were to get married I think this might be my wedding song. Then again I’d have to find a date first. Oh well here’s to planning ahead.
6. Tina Turner – River Deep Mountain High – No one can belt out a song like Tina.
5. Ben E. King – Stand By Me – Timeless classic. Don’t try to sing along just don’t.
4. Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody – This song makes me want to take a pottery course for some reason.
3. Airborne Toxic Event – Book Of Love (Cover) – This song was done by Peter Gabriel and before him Magnetic Fields. Recently The Airborne Toxic Event covered it on their live CD and I love this version.
2. Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love – This song is so loving that if Elvis were to sing this to me I’d probably let him do me. Even fat Elvis.
1. The Flamingos – I Only Have Eyes For You – OK I know I said David Gray would be my wedding song but it’s a toss up. Love this one a beautiful classic.