OK it’s been a while since I’ve song a random list of ten songs from a random made up category do here we go. Today’s category is ten classic rock songs that are over played. These are songs that need to stop being played on classic rock stations immediately. I think we’re all tired of these songs by now. So here it is the list of ten classic rock songs that need to go away.
10. The Romantics – What I Like About You – You’ve heard this song even more times than you realize. It’s always on bad radio stations that get played in the background of your life so you’re listening to it without even realizing it. To all program directors across the country please please please stop playing this song.
9. AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long – Don’t get me wrong I love AC/DC. They are one of my all time favorites and possibly the best concert I’ve ever been to. It’s not their fault but I’m just tired of this song. Any other song by AC/DC is fine. It’s not all radio’s fault for this song being over played. Every crappy cover band at every bar every weekend plays this song too.
8. Bon Jovi – Living On A Prayer – If it were up to me I’d get rid of all Bon Jovi songs. Let’s just start with this one. How this became “classic rock” is beyond me.
7. John Mellencamp – Jack and Diane – I was never into John Mellencamp in fact I think he kind of sucks. I understand he’s popular though so let’s just lose this one for now. I personally don’t give a crap about Jack or Diane and the chilly dogs they suck on outside of whatever the hell a tasty freeze is.
6. Bruce Springsteen – Born In The USA – For starters people that think this is a patriotic song just kill yourself. This is a protest song people! Stop playing this at parades and firework displays. Also while you’re at it stop playing it at radio stations as well thank you.
5. The Knack – My Sharona – I know it’s from that movie “Reality Bites” but that movie was made a while ago so let’s drop it. This song sucks and I think he’s singing about an underage girl he wants to nail so really this one needs to go.
4. Journey – Don’t Stop Believing – See #8
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama – I don’t get people that live outside Alabama who still love this song. Lynyrd Skynyrd isn’t even from Alabama they’re from Jacksonville. If you’re not from Alabama you’re not allowed to be into this song sorry.
2. Deep Purple – Smoke On The Water – Probably one of the most iconic guitar riffs of all time. I’m just tired of it. Let’s shelve it for 5-10 years and then bring it back.
1. Van Halen – Jump – We don’t need this song. Van Halen with key boards no thank you.