OK everybody it’s time for ten songs the Halloween edition. Do I really need to explain this? Let’s just get to it.
10. Warren Zevon – Werewolves Of London - Is he really talking about werewolves in this song or am I just missing the metaphor? Oh and where is Trader Vicks and who is Lon Chaney?
9. Michael Jackson – Thriller – The mother of all Halloween songs you have to hand it to MJ he really did a great job. If you ever stop yourself and listen to the lyrics they truly are kind of terrifying. Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cutie does a fantastic acoustic version of this song which highlights the true horrific nature of the lyrics. Click here for that version you won’t be disappointed.
8. The Ramones – Pet Sematary – Any excuse to put the Ramones on a list is a good one. Although this isn’t their best work it’s still good for Halloween.
7. Mötley Crüe – Shout At The Devil – You’re trying to figure out how I got the two dots over the “O” and te “U” in Mötley Crüe aren’t you? Have fun with that one.
6. Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Cryptkeepers – Monster Mash – What would Halloween be without this song I mean really? I bet this guy’s sitting at home counting his money right now. Dammit why couldn’t I think of it.
5. Iron Maiden – Fear Of The Dark – Metal is always good for Halloween.
4. Type O Negative – Black Numer 1 – RIP Peter Steele your voice may have been the scariest of all time. All hail these Brooklyn metal Gods.
3. Rockwell – Sombody’s Watching Me – This guy had Michael Jackson as his backing vocals and was still a one hit wonder. Ouch that sucks.
2. Ray Parker Jr. – Ghostbusters – Who ya gonna call while you try and sleep after watching Paranormal Activity 2? The ghostbusters of course.
1. Rob Zombie – Dragula – No one does Halloween like the Zombie himself. BTW has anyone seen his wife? Boy is she hot.
I wanted to put Otis Redding’s “Trick or Treat” but I couldn’t find it on you tube. Give me your suggestions in the comments.