Someone commented about yesterday’s 90’s list that there weren’t any ladies on the list. So today’s ten songs are for the the females. Here are ten songs from female rockers. Enjoy!
Note: These are just ten songs not necessarily the ten greatest songs.
10 Songs Ladies Of Rock Edition
9. Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll – Is there a catchier song? Yea it’s a cover but it’s one of those where no one cares who did the original.
8. L7 – Pretend We’re Dead – I can’t think of a lesser attractive group of rocker chicks. They scare me. At one of their concerts someone trough something at the stage as they performed. The lead singer subsequently reached into her nether region pulled out her used feminine product and flung it at the guy. Hey L7 Courtney Love called she said you guys need to settle down you’re scaring her.
7. 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up? – I hear this one is now one of the most successful pop song writers. She writes for Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera and those types. So it’s all her fault get her!
6. The Cranberries – Dreams – One of those bands that was great and then vanished. I always thought “Zombie” would be a good song for a hard rock band to cover.
5. Janis Joplin – Piece Of My Heart – I know I said that L7 might have been the least attractive rocker chicks ever but I lied it’s Janis Joplin. I wasn’t alive for Janis Joplin’s stuff and don’t get me wrong she’s got a great voice. But holy crap is she ugly. She reminds of this lady from The Princess Bride. She makes Amy Winehouse look like Angelina Jolie. I’m sorry she’s dead let’s let her rest in piece.
4. Jefferson Airplane – White Rabbit – I always thought Grace Slick would be pretty if she just didn’t have those crazy serial killer type of eyes. I look at her and I feel like she has bodies in the trunk of her car. Her greatest rock and roll moment was when she took the stage in Germany completely wasted and started bragging about how we won the war. Nice job Grace.
3. Hole – Violet – Oh Courtney how do I love thee let me count the ways. I’m slowly realizing that just about every woman on this list scares me. Although I guess that’s because women scare me in general though so think nothing of it.
2. Garbage – Push It – I actually met Shirley Manson one time and I found her even more sexy in person than I did on TV. She doesn’t scare me so Shirley you can call me anytime.
1. Prince – When Doves Cry – I always found her oddly attractive. She’s so tiny and has such delicate features. I always wondered why she calls herself Prince rather than Princess though. Oh wait….Oh God this is awkward I’m sorry.