Well as you know every now and then I like to do a “Ten Songs” where I put my iPod on shuffle and let it ride. Maybe I’ll make it a Friday thing. My iPod has over 5,000 songs on it from just about every genre of music you can think of. I DJ on the side and have done sweet 16’s so there that kind of music too. Although I do like some of that music I’ll let you decide which one’s I really like and which one’s I have on there just for DJing purposes. So here it goes what will come up? Death metal? Laday Gaga? Let’s find out.
10. Elbow – The Bones Of You – I First saw Elbow at a festival a couple of years ago and fell in love instantly. Great band and great live too.
9. Arthur “Big Boy” Crudup – That’s All Right – One of the founders of blues. I ljust love these old blues recordings that were seemingly recorded with the very first recording equipment possible.
8. Godsmack – Asleep – How these guys basically became the soundtrack of the Navy is beyond me. But hey whatever works. This is off an acoustic album they did. Interesting if you’re into that type of thing.
7. Delta Spirit – People C’mon – These guys came in and did a Peak Performance. I couldn’t get to it though and am still disappointed. My favorite of their’s is “Streetwalker” check it out.
6. The Kooks – Shine On – They’ve got the best English accents since Herman’s Hermits. Pretty sure this song was used in a commercial though I can’t remember which one.
5. Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow – OK I’ll man up and admit it. I kind of like this song. Good to dance to and great to work out to. “I’m so 2008 you’re so 2000 and late”.
4. Van Morrison – Crazy Love – I wonder how many couples have this as “their song”. I’d say maybe a billion.
3. Disturbed – Stricken – Wow two opposite ends of the spectrum here but hey that’s the beauty of the shuffle. Saw these guys live in my high school metal head days. The lead singer has one of the best voices I’ve ever heard live they were great.
2. Jay-Z – Big Pimpin – Somebody get me a bottle of Cristal. No not to drink to dump on a chick. I don’t care who you are or what you look like this song always makes you feel like a big shot when you blast it in your car.
1. The Raconteurs – Steady as She Goes (acoustic) – Love The Raconteurs. This is an acoustic version that’s pretty good. Does Jack White do anything bad? Oh tanning he’s not very good at that.
Wow that was a great Friday shuffle. We had Old blues, Metal, Hip Hop, and Alt stuff. Don’t judge me.