Thursday 23 Oct 2014

Week 217

Back from South Africa and it was amazing (I’ll post video soon). On to the music now.

download

So, today at work:

Me: This song by the Heavy would be great in a running mix. And in a commercial.

Friend: Its already in a commercial, stupid.

Which goes to show you how much I watch television. And what supportive friends I have…..

same here…someone listening last night live mentioned on Facebook it was in a commercial and I didn’t know. Again I must not be watching enough TV.

Great song though.

Yes that commercial is for one of those odd shaped cars that you can customize, sometimes I watch too much tv :-(

4. Kim says:

Chris, seriously, when do you have time to watch TV? Sometimes I wonder if you ever even sleep.

Love Bran Van 3000 + Slade and would have voted for the cover this week but what can I say, Grace Potter has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard and the new Nocturnals are a hell of a band. They get the vote.

RE: “How You Like Me Now?” That sock puppet commercial is a work of genius, done by the same agency that did the hamster Kia commercial. VERY creative…

5. Kim says:

PS – Sully, you are far from stupid and have great taste in music.

Don’t let your brainwashed friends tell you otherwise!

I might have to youtube it then. Which advert is it in? Kia?

I think because of NEXT The Peak might be adding the Grace Potter (or at least they told me they’d think about it). Good job guys.

7. KDaddy says:

Another great one, but fresh from South Africa, how could this song not make the show? http://bit.ly/9rmlL8

now that’s scary. 29 secs is too long

I’m not surprised that the Jose Gonzales song had no votes, at first I didn’t care for it, but after some repeated listenings of the show it grows on me. Good lyrics too. Overall a great show I can’t get enough of it, especially the middle.

10. Lisa says:

wow I never knew the Quiet Riot version was a cover! that latest cover was kinda trippy lol

Great great week – hard pressed to pick a favorite! Since you have an Arcade Fire song this week, anyone have thoughts on Arcade Fire/Spoon in concert? Good concert??

I’ve never seen Arcade Fire (yes I know I’ll be docked “cool” points for that one) but I’ve seen Spoon a few times. Strangely I love LOVE them on cd but not so much live.

Glad the week is good.

So, after a re-listen, I went with Grace Potter. In fact, I found a version of her singing this song with her band in a hotel room…….just jamming. I agree with Kim……she has a hell of a voice.

And after hearing another Arcade Fire song that I really like, I caved and bought tickets to see them with Spoon on August 5th. I can’t decide which band I’m more excited to see.

Do you have a link to the song? I’d love to hear that.

I want a review of the show too please.

Try it…….you’ll like it.

15. Kim says:

Cool video Sully.

I discovered Grace Potter with their 2007 CD “This Is Somewhere” and that is a must have album for your iPod. Too many brilliant songs to mention them all but “Apologies” and “Big White Gate” still give me goosebumps.

Grace Potter + The PEAK are meant to be!

Well Next is on The Peak